SOUTH HAVEN GARDEN CLUB
Our purpose is to educate and to beautify.
Who We Are
The South Haven Garden Club was first organized in 1930 by a group of like-minded plant enthusiasts who were members of the Scott Club. The club joined the Federated Garden Clubs of Michigan, Inc. and the National State Council of State Garden Clubs (now the National Garden Clubs) in 1933. There were 40 members in the club at that time.
The object of this club was to stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening among amateurs; to aid in the protection of native trees, plants and birds; and to encourage civic planting. Through the years the club members have been involved in community beautification and service projects throughout the city.
Today, the South Haven Garden Club has 102 members and holds many annual events to support our mission. We bestow two college scholarships each year to students entering the horticulture field and participate in many community beautification projects.
What We Do
We enjoy making new friends, exchanging ideas with plant-loving people and learning from horticultural and environmental speakers. We host an annual Garden Walk and Craft Boutique, hold the Holiday Greens Sale, arrange Hospice Flowers and maintain the Blue Star Memorial Garden and Library Reading Garden. Our club sponsors scholarships and supports environmental and community projects.
Come join us for Fun, Friendship and Flowers!